Homemade french toast sticks baked right in your oven. These Baked French Toast Sticks and simple to make a breakfast that your entire family will love.
Baked French Toast Sticks
Weekends are for big breakfast, cartoons, and lots of family time. I’ve honestly never been a big breakfast person but lately that has changed. I’ve even been serving breakfast for dinner! Nothing beats a Saturday morning breakfast with the family. My favorite memories as a kid still are Saturday mornings with my family and I hope to make those same fun memories for my kids.
When you find a breakfast recipe this easy then turning mornings into memories become a lot easier. For these Baked French Toast Sticks I used thick sliced sourdough bread but any thick sliced bread will work for this.
- Thick sliced bread, 5 slices (I used thick sliced sourdough)
- Melted butter, 1 tbsp
- Milk, 1/2 cup
- Eggs, 3
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish add butter and milk (you want to add this before the eggs so your warm butter does not cook the eggs. The milk should cool it enough) add eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk together.
- Cut bread into sticks (1 loaf should make 3 sticks). Dunk each sick into the egg wash. Allow the excess to drip off then place it on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes remove and flip then place back into the oven for 8 more minutes.
- Optional: serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.