Sweet with a little spice this Baked Honey Dijon Chicken is something new for your everyday chicken breast. A recipe the entire family is going to love.
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
We eat chicken breast often in my house. Is one of my kids favorites and it goes well with so many dishes. I get tired of the same old and love coming up with new ways to flavor our chicken breast and make it new again. This recipe is so simple to make and taste so yummy. The best part is you probably have all the ingredients at home already!
My husband is a huge honey mustard fan. It’s his favorite dip, dressing, and marinade. I’ve made honey mustard chicken for him in the past and it of course was his favorite. This time around I added a little “spice” to it. I love dijon mustard so we usually have it on hand. I guess I wouldn’t even call it spicy it just has that extra tangy flavor. Luckily if you are worried that kids may not like the flavor the honey really does tame it down so this recipe can be entirely family friendly. Instead of using minced garlic I used garlic powder along with a few other spices. I whisk everything together and just poured it over the chicken while it baked. You can leave it in a bag and set it overnight but marinade has so much flavor you really don’t need to do that.
- Chicken breast, skinless and boneless, 4
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Honey, 3 tbsp
- Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder, 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, 1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste ( I used about 1/4 tsp each)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, honey, dijon mustard,, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken breast in a foil lined pan and pour above mixed marinade on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.