Turning my favorite dessert into a yummy cookie. This Cheesecake Cookies is soft and creamy in the middle and rolls in crushed graham crackers.
Cheesecake has always been my favorite dessert. Believe it or not I am not a typical cake person, even for my birthday I skip the cake. I usually ask instead for a cheesecake. Plain, cherry, strawberry, chocolate, give it to me anyway I love cheesecake. I tried these yummy Cheesecake Cookies and fell in love.
I made my dough with softened cream cheese and then added some crushed graham crackers into the mix. After I rolled each cooking in more crushed graham crackers. You could easily add a flavor to this recipe if you like fruit in your cheesecake. A jam would work best and you would just want to add it in with the graham crackers. After the cookies baked I very lightly pressed down each cookie on the baking sheet.
These cookies had a super soft middle and the crackers around the outside gave it the perfect crunch. The perfect kind of cookie! Unlike post cookies these cookies are best served chilled. After you bake your cookie allow them to cool completely and then stick them in the fridge. Allow them to chill just for a few hours and then enjoy.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Cream cheese, room temperature, 8 oz (1 block)
- Butter, room temperature, 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Sugar, 1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract, 2 tsp
- Flour, 2 cups
- Graham crackers crumbs, 1 cup (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Mix in flour and 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs until well combined. Place remaining graham crackers crumbs on a plate. Roll out 1" balls of dough and roll in graham crackers crumbs.
- Place cooking on a baking sheet and very gently press down. Cook for 11-14 minutes and allow to cool completely. Place in the fridge and allow to chill before serving.