My favorite way make to rice. This Cilantro Lime Rice is a must for taco night and the perfect recipe for making favorite rice dish at home.
Cilantro Lime Rice
When I was pregnant with my 2nd baby all I wanted to eat was Chipotle, like all the time! Those flavors were on my mind all the time and since chipotle wasn’t open for breakfast I had to make my own at home. This recipe is NOT a exact dup for chipotles rice but it’s my favorite way to make it and it’s so simple and easy to make.
I used Jasmine Rice for this recipe and started by just cooking it according to the package directions. Most rice directions call for 1 cup rice and 2 cups water but make sure you double check the bag you bought and prepare it that way. Once it’s cooked all you need to do it all the yummy flavors and you are done! Easy as can be right?
- Long-grain jasmine rice, 1 cup
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped, 1 tbsp
- Lime juice, 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Optional: Lime wedge for garnish
- Prepare rice according to directions. When rice is cooked add salt, olive oil, chopped cilantro, lime and lemon juice. Stir together until well combined.
- Optional: serve with a fresh squeeze of lime juice and a lime wedge for garnish.