Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
I still remember getting a picture of myself with the cookies when I gave them to my basketball player (nerd alert!). My kids helped me make these cookies, they love peanut butter and really enjoyed helping mommy in the kitchen.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Peanut Butter, 1 cup
- Butter (unsalted), 1 cup
- White sugar, 1 cup and 1/2 cup separated.
- Brown sugar, packed, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2 cups
- All-purpose flour, 2 1/2 cups
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda, 1 1/2tsp
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start by creaming together your peanut butter, butter, white sugar (1cup), and brown sugar. Once those are creamed together beat in your eggs.
- In a separate bowl sift together your flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Then slowing stir into your wet batter. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pour your remaining sugar onto a small plate. Roll your dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on a baking sheet and use a fork to make a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies just start to look brown. Be careful not to over bake these cookies can get hard quickly.
More Easy Dessert Recipes for You: