This week has been so crazy for us. We had the inspection on our house and everything went great. I was in excitement mode and now in oh man I have to pack ALL this stuff – stress mode. We have 5 weeks to pack up and get out. What I am struggling with the most, knowing what to pack! We still have to cook, eat, sleep, live, in our home during that time and I’m not sure what to pack and when. I’m starting with my room and may end up doing my kitchen last, I love having all my tools with me! What are your packing tips, I’d love to hear them!
When I have a busy week I love making soup. It’s easy to make and we always have a lot of left overs. I cook it once and eat it for the next few days. Simplify the recipe even more and use a rotisserie chicken and bacon. This one was gone quick, the entire family just loves my Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder.
- Chicken, boneless skinless, cooked and shredded, 1 lb
- Butter, 3 tbsp
- Onion, diced, 1/2 onion
- Red bell pepper, diced 1 large
- Garlic, minced, 3 tbsp
- All-purpose flour, 1.3 cup
- Chicken broth, 6 cups
- Green chilies, 1/2 cup
- Russet potatoes, peeled ad diced, 3 medium
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Pepper, 1/2 tsp
- Corn, 2 cups
- Half and half, 1 1/2 cup
- Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon, 1 package.
- Green onions, for garnish
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add red bell peppers, and onions and sauté until tender. Add garlic.
- Stir in flour and cook to a think paste, stirring constantly. Slowly add in chicken broth and whisk.
- Add green chilies, potatoes, and salt and peppers. Bring your chowder to a boil and then allow to cook for 10 minutes on medium heat or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cooked chicken, corn, 1/2 package of Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon and half and half; cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Top with Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon, green onions, or shredded cheese.
More Recipes for YOU:
If you like this recipe, Pin it!