It’s my favorite kind of salad! Full of fruit and covered in cool whip, this Easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a must try!
Easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad
When I told my kids we would be having salad for dessert after our dinner last night their reaction wasn’t that of pure joy. More like, salad really mom? When the salad is filled with fruit and marshmallows then coated in creamy cool whip, well that’s a salad any kid would agree to eat! This Easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a must try and a winner with the entire family.
This Easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a staple for our Easter meal and we serve it each year. We don’t even serve it as a dessert on easter it’s tossed in a serving bowl and placed with all our other sides and adds something sweet to all the savory dishes.
- Mandarin oranges, 1 can (11oz)
- Crushed pineapple, 1 can (20oz)
- Maraschino cherries, halved, 1 jar (10oz)
- Mini marshmallows, 2 cups
- Sweetened coconut flakes, 1 cup
- Cool whip, 1 tub (8oz)
- Sour cream , 1/2 cup
- Drain all canned fruits and place in a large mixing bowl. Add mini marshmallows and coconut flakes.
- Gently fold in cool whip and sour cream until well combined.