The perfect side dish to any meal and so simple to make. These Easy Italian Foil Potatoes bake in just a few minutes and have easy clean up.
Easy Italian Foil Potatoes
I love potatoes. Mashed, baked, grilled, stuffed, they are all so yummy! These Easy Italian Foil Potatoes are one of my favorites. Mostly because they are so easy to make and so easy to clean up. Just toss the foil in the trash when you are done.
This recipe can easily be cooked on a grill this summer or over a campfire. Just adjust the time as needed until your potatoes are tender and ready to eat. I sliced up my potatoes and placed them in a large mixing bowl. I mixed my olive oil with my spices in just a little mixing bowl then poured it over my potatoes. I tossed the potatoes and mixed it well until all the potatoes had been evenly coated. Since I was baking mine in the oven I placed my foil on a baking sheet. You maybe able to just put the foil on the racks but it’s much easier to get out and catches any drips. I then added the potatoes to the foil and folded up the sides. I think the more potatoes that are covered the better. I covered mine almost completely when baking.
After they are cooked they are ready to serve. I served mine with chicken breast and broccoli.
- Russet potatoes, 2 lbs
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Italian seasonings, 2 tsp
- Garlic, minced, 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice potatoes into bite size pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl add olive oil and mix in Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour this over your potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place foil on a baking sheet and place potatoes on foil. Fold up all sides of foil and to form a pouch and cover potatoes as much as possible.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.