Homemade Pie Crust doesn’t have to be difficult. This easy pie crust recipe is fool proof and taste great.
It took me years to finally try making a Homemade Pie Crust. I love pie, it might be my favorite dessert! Warm fruit, flakey crust, and ice cream on top, yum!! I skipped the homemade crust though time and time again and just went for store bought and made my homemade filling. I finally decided a a few years ago that I needed to stop the nonsense and just make my crust! Why does it seem so intimating? It’s was so simple to make and came out great my first try.
Start by whisking together your dry ingredients then adding sliced butter. With a fork mash it in until you get a good crumbly like in the picture below. Then ice ICE COLD water! You want to make sure your water and butter are cold it will really help the pie crust not fall apart. When it’s done knead it on a cutting bard that has been sprinkled with flour. Roll it out and your pie crust is ready.
If you are filling your pie with something that needs to be baked (apple pie, cherry pie) then make your dough, fill, and bake it according to the directions of that recipe. Otherwise you can bake the pie crust and fill it with a no-bake filling like chocolate pudding or no bake peanut butter filling.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Flour, 2 1/2 cups
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Sugar, 1/4 tsp
- Cold butter, 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Ice water, 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- In a mixing bowl add flour, salt, and sugar and mix together well. Slice butter and use a fork to mix in with flour mixture until your have a crumbly texture. Next add cold water slowly until you get the right consistency (you don't want your dough to wet and hard to roll). I added the full 1/2 cup to mine. When rolling our dough sprinkle cutting board with flour.
- Use hands to knead dough then separate dough in half.
- Roll out both sections of dough place one on the bottom of the pie pan, fill, and top with the 2nd rolled out dough. Seal and bake according to directions.
- Roll out and place in a the pie pan. Poke holes in the crust and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool then fill and refrigerate according to directions.