Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, any form and any flavor! This simple Peppermint Cheesecake Dip is the perfect treat for Christmas time and makes a wonderful appetizer or dessert for a fun holiday gathering.
Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
Cheesecake is my far my all time favorite dessert. I also claim it as my speciality and usually make it when or any gathering we have. Christmas time for me means peppermint flavored everything so it just made sense to make this easy peppermint cheesecake dip to serve at our Christmas party. I served mine with chocolate covered pretzels but you could use any pretzel, graham crackers, or fruit.
For this recipe I used my stand mixer but you could always use a hand mixer if you don’t have one. You could also just whisk it up my hand but for me the stand mixer made is quick and easy and really smooth. I used cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and cool whip with powder sugar. I usually don’t keep marshmallow fluff in the house unless I am working on a recipe that I think it will work it. It’s not really a pantry staple for us. My husband though grew up with it being staple in his house and he was pretty excited to see it. He loved peanut butter and fluff sandwiches. He made some for him and the boys for lunch and they all enjoyed a special treat. The rest though went right into this recipe. The combination of the three made is creamy yet light. I put a little bit of peppermint extract and some peppermint baking chips to give it that great Christmas taste.
Shop This Recipe:
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Cream cheese, softened, 1 block (8oz)
- Marshmallow fluff, 1/2 cup
- Cool whip, 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar, 1/2 cup
- Peppermint extract, 1/8 tsp
- Peppermint baking chips, 1 cup
- Optional: Red sprinkles
- In a stand mixer beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add marshmallow fluff, cool whip, and peppermint extract and mix together.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Fold in peppermint chips.
- Allow to chili fir 2 hours.
- Optional: Serve topped with red sprinkles, more peppermint baking chips, and for dipping chocolate covered pretzels or graham crackers.