Cookies loaded up cookie crumbles! These Peppermint Oreo Crunch Cookies make the perfect Christmas cookie and so so easy to make.
Peppermint Oreo Crunch Cookies
I love peppermint and Christmas is the season for peppermint! I could eat it with everything and I LOVE these simple Peppermint Oreo Crunch Cookies. A cookie inside a cookie, does it get much better then that? My husband is a big time Oreo cookie lover so I had to hide these yummy peppermint Oreo’s so I could bake with him before he and the boy ate them up.
For these cookies I made my dough then crushed up 2 cups of peppermint Oreos. You can can break them up with your hand or put them in a baggy and beat them with a rolling pin. Pretty therapeutic if you ask me. Maybe I should call these having a bad day cookies. Making them you can relieve some stress and built up tension then after you get some really awesome cookies. Win win!
Shop This Recipe:
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Softened butter, 1 cup (2 sticks)
- White sugar, 1 cup
- Brown sugar, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Flour, 2 1/2 cups
- Baking soda, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Peppermint oreo cookie, crushed, 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Once well combined add eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients into to the wet until combined. Fold in crushed peppermint oreo cookie crumbles. Allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place them on a prepared baking sheet (non-stick or with baking spray). Bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes then finish cooling on a cooling rack.