This dish full of cheesy goodness is a must try! I felt like a Pizza Dip was a perfect movie night treat, and hey it’s gluten free.
I had actually planned on making this for the Super Bowl, but sadly we had some family issues and had to rush home. This was a big hit with the hubby. Of course, it’s just a guy food. I really enjoyed it, and felt like we got to get that pizza taste without ordering out!
To make this dish “dippable” I used a cream cheese base, and then just topped it with our favorite pizza toppings. I am the classic pizza lover and stuck with pepperoni. Feel free to add whatever your family enjoys on pizza to the recipe and make it your own. We ate the pizza dip with tortilla chips, but you can also use bread sticks or even french bread cut into smaller pieces.
Mix your spices in with the cream cheese then spread it on the bottom of the pan. Add sauce, cheese, and pepperoni just like you where making a pizza. Bake it for about 20 minute in a 350 degree oven or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. I love to have my edges a little more cooked and crusty <– yum!
- Cream Cheese, 8oz softened
- Italian seasoning, 1tsp
- Garlic powder, 1/4 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese, 2 1/2 cups shredded
- Cheddar cheese, 1 cup shredded
- Pizza sauce, 1/2 cup
- Pepperoni, 1 cup
- Combine cream cheese with Italian seasoning, and garlic powder then spread on the bottom of a greased pan.
- Top with pizza sauce
- Combine and sprinkle shredded cheese over sauce then place pepperoni slices on top
- Bake at 350degrees for 20 minutes.