The perfect combination of two classic comfort foods. This Pizza Mac and Cheese is simple to make and going to wow!
Mac and Cheese is my oldest Son’s all time favorite food. His face light up when I told him that I was making Mac and Cheese for dinner. My youngest on the other hand likes Mac and Cheese but his favorite is Pizza. As you can gather this dinner was a HIT with both kids which makes the best mom ever, right?
I made homemade cheese sauce to add onto my noodles like I would any Mac and Cheese recipe but then added ground sausage, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, green peppers, and pepperoni. You could add any of your favorite pizza toppings right in!
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Elbow macaroni, 1 lb
- Butter, 1/2 cup
- Flour, 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Milk, 5 cups
- Shredded cheddar cheese, 4 cups
- Pizza sauce, 1 jar
- Ground sausage, 1 lb
- Onion, diced, 1/2 cup
- Green bell peppers, diced, 1 cup
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Mini pepperoni, 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese, 1 cup
- Cook noodles accord to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a skillet saute onions and peppers for 1-2 minutes in oil. Add ground sausage and cook though. Drain and set side.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan melt butter. Whisk in flour and continue to whisk for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium low and add milk whisking occasionally for 5 minutes. Add cheese and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over noodles and mix until noodles are well coated. Pour in pizza sauce, cooked sausage, peppers, onions, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes for YOU: