I made this Raspberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Casserole for breakfast and my boys just loved it! We even saved the left overs and ate it as a snack over the next few days. My two little boys are big oatmeal fans and mommy is a big chocolate chip fan so this was the perfect breakfast for the family.
My boys love raspberries and we seem to always have fresh ones on hand, but you could also use frozen ones. I started by cooking my oatmeal with milk, sugar, and eggs to allow it to soften, but also start getting thick.
I tossed in the raspberries and mixed them in with the oatmeal at the end of its cooking time. Then I added it to a casserole dish and topped with chocolate chips. Now all you have to do it bake and enjoy!
- Old fashioned oats, 3 cups
- Brown Sugar, 1 cup
- Milk, 5 1/2 cups
- Eggs, 3 beaten
- Raspberries, whole, 1 cup
- Chocolate Chips, 1 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine your oats, brown sugar, milk, and beaten eggs into a large pot.
- Simmer your oat mixture on medium heat for 15 minutes or until your oatmeal mix has thickened.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for about 5 minutes then serve!
Did you enjoy this recipe? PIN IT!
Check out more recipes here: