Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne
- Penne pasta, 12 oz
- Italian sausage links, 1 lb
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Bell peppers, sliced, 2 (I used red and green)
- Yellow onion, sliced, 1/2 small
- Marinara sauce, 1 jar (25 oz)
- Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp (optional for topping)
- Cook penne in a large pot according to package directions. Drain and set aside,
- In the same large pot cook italian sausage until 3/4 the way cooked. Remove from pot and cut into bite size slices. In the same pan add olive oil, bell peppers, and onion.
- Saute vegetables until tender then add sausage back to the pot. Add marinara sauce and cooked pasta to the pot. Cover and allow to cook on low for 4-5 minutes until everything is warm and well combined.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!