So you’re kinda tired? Maybe a little bit cranky? I’ve been there. Today I wanted to share with you some simple steps to help get your baby sleeping through the night, and how you can have some peace of mind using all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs®. You can also find out how you can get FREE all® free clear for a year
Simple Steps to Get Baby Sleeping Through the Night
Getting those sweet little babes to sleep is not as easy as it may seem. I’m no sleep expert just a mama who really needed some shut eye. I have a few simple steps though that made a huge difference with my kids who both slept through the night consistently around 3 months old.
1. Start Early and Be Patient: I stared “training” my babies from day one. What I mean is don’t start any bad habits early because they will want those to continue. The first few weeks all baby does is sleep, eat, and you know what happens after they eat. I read a book that said whatever you are doing now with baby imagine doing it for 2 more years every night. Babies and kids love routine so I made sure our routine was right from the start. Most importantly remember to be patient. Sometimes baby will not feel well or just miss you. They don’t stay little long so being patient and understanding will help those long nights.
2. Activity before bedtime: Instead of focusing on feeding your baby to sleep and crawling out of the room in hopes they don’t hear you, spend time focusing on activity. Activity is a natural way for a baby to get sleepy. Once my son was about 2 months old and on a good schedule we fed as soon as he woke up and then played until he naturally tired himself out. No throwing a ball or going to the park required. Simply talking and singing to baby, having belly time, rolling over, reading a book, or chewing on toes is a great activity for baby! Once you see the sleepy cues rolling in you know it’s time to put baby down to sleep.
3. Create a great bedtime routine: Make bedtime routine a little different than naps. Once baby wakes up from their last nap before bed time feed them right away and then allow activity time. About an hour before bedtime I would feed them again for the night and then do bath, pajamas, and a song. Then into bed they went sleepy, but still awake. Don’t wait till your baby is asleep to put them down.
4. The Swaddle: I never put my babies to sleep without a swaddle, but only at night time. You’ve seen that arm stretch scar on a baby before. They are not used to having all that space. Swaddling helps keep them snug. My trick though was that I only swaddled them at night time. During naps they would sleep without so they could get used to the space they now have, but at night they were snug as a bug.
5. The bed: The most important thing when getting baby to sleep is having a safe and warm place for them to sleep quietly. When preparing for night time you have to think about not only what they are sleeping in and on, but also how you care for it. What you use to wash your baby’s swaddle, sheets, and pajamas will also be what they are sleeping on and in. Since both my boys have sensitive skin I wanted to pick a detergent that was recommended by a dermatologist. I was happy to know all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs® is the number one recommended detergent by dermatologists, allergists, and pediatricians for sensitive skin. Since it was the number one sensitive skin brand I new it would work perfect for my babies.
My boys get their sensitive skin from their daddy. All three have Eczema. I noticed it on my oldest when he was just a baby. I was so happy to hear that all® free clear detergent was awarded the seal of acceptance by the National Eczema Association because it has no dyes, perfumes, certain chemicals, and irritating residues. For allergens all® free clear detergent removed 99% of everyday seasonal allergens. Of course this doesn’t mean it can stop allergies, but it gave me peace of mine knowing that my baby had clothes and bedding free and clear of those things. I keep both all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs® from Walmart in my laundry room for all our laundry because not only are they free and clear, but they do a wonderful job fighting those tough stains babies love to make. Make sure when using all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs® to follow the directions for use on the packaging exactly
Make sure you stop by HERE to sign up and enter to win a year of all® free clear