A little spice in a small bite. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect game day food or quick weeknight dinner.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
I’ve always been a lover of spicy food and buffalo chick has been a favorite of mine. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are so tender and full of flavor. They make the perfect game day recipe and perfect for a big crowed.
I love hosting the super bowl each year. I get to make lots of junk food and hang out with my friends. I truthfully don’t do a lot of football watching but I still have a good time. Each year I try and think of something to be the “main” dish. At the same time I don’t want it to be something big and filling because we have a lot to snack one. Sliders are the perfect combo! I feel like I have something besides snacks but it’s also not so much food that we can’t try everything else. Plus these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are so easy to make. I just toss everything in the slow cooker then once the chicken is really tender I use a fork to shred it. Everyone can use a spoon to add some to a roll and serve it with cheese or dressing on top.
If you aren’t a big spicy fan like I am you can still enjoy these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders. Just adjust the measurements some. Start small and add and taste as you go. I added 1 cup of hot sauce and 1/3 cup of dressing. If you think it will be to spicy start with 1/2 cup of hot sauce, taste it, then just add a tablespoon or two more until you get it to the right amount. You can also add more dressing in to tone the spice down. I love blue cheese with buffalo chicken, it’s like peanut butter and jelly in my book. I know a lot of people don’t so you could top your sliders with any shredded cheese or even a tablespoon of ranch dressing would work.
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless, 1 lb
- Frank's red hot sauce, 1 cup
- Garlic powder, 1/4 tsp
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, 1/3 cup (I used blue cheese)
- Slider buns or rolls, 12
- Optional: blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl whisk together hot sauce, garlic powder and dressing. Pour over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Cook until chicken is tender and can be shredded with a fork.
- Shred chicken and serve on a slider bun topped with blue cheese crumbles. If you don't like blue cheese you can top with shredded cheese or add more dressing to the top.