Keep this recipe in your back pocket for a rainy day! No really this is the perfect soup to warm up with on a cool rainy day =)
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
(this post contains affiliate links, learn more about that here)
Shop This Recipe:
Like The Diary of a Real Housewife on Facebook for more yummy recipes!
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless, 2 large breast
- Brown rice, 3/4 cup
- Chicken Stock, 6 cups
- Celery, chopped, 1 cup
- Carrots, pealed and sliced, 1 cup
- Onion, chopped, 1 cup
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
- Oregano, 1 teaspoon
- Flour, 1/4 cup
- Milk, 1/2 cup
- Add everything to your slow cooker except for your flour and milk. Cover and let it cook for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- On low heat add milk and flour to a pan and whisk until well combined. 30 minutes before your soup is done stir in milk and flour to allow soup to thicken.