This sugar cookie is baked up soft and chewy and my all time favorite way to make sugar cookies. These Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies are a must try.
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
I’ll be honest with you the more chocolate chips in a cookie the more I enjoy it! Anything with chocolate I guess I love and even though this Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies wouldn’t seem like my typical cookie I enjoy, I LOVE them! I mean I show no discrimination against cookies 😉 This sugar cookie is thick and fluffy and so yummy!
These cookie are simple to make and make in 10 minutes or less. I cooked mine for exactly 8 minutes and then allowed them to cool on a rack. Just 3-4 minutes after cooling your cookies should be set and taste amazing!
Make sure you sign up and get your free meal planning printable!
- Unsalted butter, softened, 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Egg, room temperature, 1
- Vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda, 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder, 1/2 tsp
- All-purpose flour, 2 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Slowly mix this in with your wet ingredients. Mixing until well combined.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tbsp of dough and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (I cooked mine right at 8). Remove from oven then allow to cool on the baking rack. Serve and enjoy!