Classic comfort food that you are going to want to try! This Turkey Pot Pie is perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers! It’s one of my all time favorite recipes.
Turkey Pot Pie
I think my favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the leftovers. Nothing like shopping all day on black friday and coming home to a cold plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s a tradition for with my family. This year we traveled for Thanksgiving and didn’t have any left overs. I didn’t let that stop be though. I bought a big Turkey loin and cooked it so I could have my very own leftovers and Turkey Pot Pie is the BEST way to do leftovers.
You start with some butter and onion sautéing in a saucepan. Then add your flour, salt, and pepper. Keep mixing it until you get the texture you see below in picture one. Once it’s bubbly and think you can add broth and milk slowly. Keep stirring until it’s bubbly and thickened. Then add your vegetables and cooked turkey and mix until it’s all well combined.
I used my homemade recipe for Pie Crust, it’s so simple to make. Roll out half the dough for the bottom and then the other half for the top. Then just bake and enjoy. This is the perfect recipe to freeze and enjoy later.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Use this Pie Crust Recipe
- Butter, 1/3 cup
- Onions, diced, 1/3 cup
- All-purpose flour, 1/3 cup
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, 1/4 tsp
- Chicken broth, 14 oz
- Milk, 1/2 cup
- Cooked shredded turkey, 3 cups
- Can or frozen vegetables, 3 cups (I used carrots, peas, and green beans)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pie crust and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter then add diced onions to sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly poor in broth and milk stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened.
- Add cooked turkey and and vegetables Stir until well combined.
- Line a pie pan with 1/2 of rolled out crust. Fill crust with pot pie filling. Roll out the 2nd half of your crust and place it on top. Make several slits in the top of the crust.
- Bake for 35-35 minutes until crust is golden brown. To ensure your crust edges do not burn 15 minutes before your pot pie is finished place foil around the outside. Serve and enjoy!