This Dutch Apple Pie is one of my all time favorites. Something about warm apples, brown sugar, and whipped cream that make the perfect combination.
Dutch Apple Pie
Thanksgiving is my time for desserts. I could honestly skip the cake anytime and go without but pie on the other hand is my kind of dessert. Sweet and warm fruit with a clanky crust then topped with whipped cream or ice cream… or both 😉
Could you really ask for anything better?
I usually like the classic crust better like in my Classic Apple Pie Recipe but this crumbly topping in this Dutch Apple Pie so good I may have a a hard time picking which one will be going on my table this Thanksgiving. I could make both Dutch Apple Pie and the classic but I need some variety, cherry pie, chocolate pie, peach pie, pumpkin pie, oh have I mentioned that I really like pie? I hope my guest do 😉
I made my homemade pie crust for the bottom, filled it with homemade apple pie filling, then topped it with a sugary buttery crumble to bake. I had been pretty intimidated to make my own pie crust for years but finally did it and I was shocked how easy it was to make! I think the trick for me was spending some time kneading it. The crust turned out so good so if you have need a good super simple recipe make sure to stop by and check that one out.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Store bought or use my homemade recipe
- Granny Smith apples. cored, pealed, and sliced, 8 cups
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- White sugar, 3/4 cup
- Brown sugar, 1/4 cup
- Flour, 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp
- Four, 1 cup
- Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
- White sugar, 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Butter, 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll our crust and place it in the bottom of a pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl all all filling ingredients and mix until apples are coated. Pour filling into crust.
- In a separate mixing bowl use a fork to combine all ingredients until the mixture is well combined and crumbly.Pour this onto your apple pie.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
More Recipes for YOU: