Skip take out and instead make this super simple Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. Simple to make with just four easy ingredients in your slow cooker.
I love chines food but find it difficult to make at home. I don’t usually have the ingredients for it at home and staying on a budget with groceries doesn’t always allow for extra items I wouldn’t use other wise. That’s why I LOVE this recipe so much. It just has a few simple ingredients that you can find at your regular grocery store and it’s all made in the slow cooker.
I made white rice to go with my Slow Cooker Orange Chicken but you could use fried rice 0r lo-mein noodles. I added my chicken tender whole into the the slow cooker they get so tender you can make them smaller with just a fork once cooked.
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Chicken tenderloins, 1 lb
- BBQ sauce, 1 cup
- Sweet orange marmalade, 1 cup
- Soy sauce, 2 tbsp
- Optional: Serve over cooked white rice
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Allow to cook on high for 3-4 hours or in low for 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and tender. Use a fork to lightly shred chicken into small bite size pieces. Top onto cooked rice and serve.