Cereal coated in white chocolate covered with powdered sugar and peppermint. These White Chocolate Peppermint Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite holiday treats.
White Chocolate Peppermint Muddy Buddies
Tis the season for peppermint! Peppermint EVERYTHING! And I am so okay with it. Around this time of year I add peppermint to just about everything. This time I added it to one of my favorite treats, muddy buddies. Muddy buddies have been a favorite of mine for a while. I remember my mom making it a lot as a child especially at this time of year. They make the perfect treat for neighbors and friends. Fill a mason jar with these White Chocolate Peppermint Muddy Buddies, and you have a simple gift to pass out!
I love white chocolate, but it can be hard to work with. Especially when adding something else to it. Here are my top tips for melting it with extract.
1. Add the extract first. DO NOT ADD AFTER MELTED! You chocolate will be ruined if you do. So add it to the bowl with your white chocolate right from the start and allow it all to melt together.
2. Do not microwave! I’m all about the easy way out and love using my microwave, but trust me on this one. Instead cook it in a double boiler. I just used a shallow pot with a little water and a glass bowl. If you are using milk chocolate chips they will melt much easier in the microwave, but with white chocolate you need to go the extra mile to get it right.
Once your chocolate is melted you want to pour it on your cereals, mix, and then very quickly add in the powdered sugar. Your chocolate will dry quickly so make sure you have the powdered sugar ready to go. Gently mix it together (or toss it together in a large baggy) until all cereal is coated in sugar. Then add your peppermint M&Ms.
Shop This Recipe:
Follow The Diary of a Real Housewife on Instagram. Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
- Chex cereal, 7 cups
- White chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cup
- Peppermint extract, 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cup
- White peppermint M&Ms, 1 cup
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a double boiler add white chocolate chips and peppermint extract. Turn the heat on low and stir frequently while chocolate melts. Once melted carefully (with oven mitts if needed) remove and pour over cereal. Quickly mix until coated and add powder sugar. Mix again until all cereal is coated in sugar.
- Toss with peppermint M&M's and enjoy!